Close your eyes and take a deep breath. Let yourself remember the sweetest day of your life. You were wandering the wrong way and broken down by sin, but Jesus encountered you. You were striving to save yourself, but then He stepped in, received you, and set you apart as His.
Where would we be without Jesus? I am so thankful we will never have to answer that question. Before you were even born, the Alpha and the Omega saw you when you were inside your mother’s womb and ordained for each of your days before you came into existence (Psalm 139:16). Hallelujah, what a Savior!
Our Messiah has changed our lives forever. Once we were lost, but now we are found in Christ and saved by His grace. We passed from death to life because Jesus sacrificed everything to deliver us. Right now and for all time, our Rescuer is seated in authority at the right hand of God in heaven. Every moment of our day, our Mediator advocates on our behalf. He is the Holy One, our Great High Priest and the King of Kings. No one is like Jesus, the Son of God.
Because of Christ, the thread of redemption runs throughout every story we read in our Bible. During every event in history, God is weaving together a masterpiece and pointing us to Jesus. Melchizedeck’s life seems clouded in mystery, but when you connect the dots a portrait of our Messiah clearly emerges. Many details regarding this Old Testament priest parallel our Savior’s so that we can realize how blessed we are to have an eternal High Priest in Christ. The ministry of Jesus remains for all time and is continually making an impact in our midst:
- Jesus is our forever high priest. He rules over every circumstance in our lives, and He appeals on our behalf. (Hebrews 4:14)
- Jesus is our King of righteousness. Christ paid for our sins with His very life, and now The Lord has applied His righteousness to our account (2 Corinthians 5:21)
- Jesus is our peace. Because of Christ’s work on the cross, our debt is paid in full, and now we have peace with God. (Ephesians 2:14-16)
- Jesus fills our life with blessings. Our faith has been credited to us as righteousness, and our sins are covered and will never be counted against us. (Romans 4:6-8)
- Jesus is worthy of our worship. He is the radiance of God’s glory, and He sustains all things by His powerful Word. (Hebrews 1:3)
- Jesus has unlimited power and is always present in our lives. He was present at creation. Jesus is before all things, and all things are held together by Him. (Colossians 1:17)
Friend, your Redeemer remains for all time. Jesus is your High Priest and King yesterday, today, and tomorrow. You do not need to struggle with fear and doubt because your Savior will always keep you secure.