We ask you to join us today in praying for the situation in Myanmar. Our dear sisters are enduring much hardship as they face the military takeover and violence in their communities. Many members of our Love God Greatly Burmese team live in cities and villages throughout the country and are facing many challenges. Please join us in prayer for our team, their communities, and the country as a whole.
- Each day, many peaceful protestors are being killed on the streets, mostly young men between 14 and 25 years old.
- Banks and ATMs are closed and people are unable to access their money. Stores are not allowed to accept credit cards, and many people fear what they will do when they run out of cash.
- There is a constant military presence in the streets, even in local neighborhoods.
- Though there is a constant threat in cities, the threat in villages and the country-side is much more significant. Many people in smaller villages have not been heard from in some time.
- Because of closed borders from the pandemic, no one has been able to come into or leave the country, including foreign aid, journalists, and missionaries.
But there is hope . . .
- The people are united. Every night citizens bang pots and pans to show unity and to protest the military coup.
- Citizens do not have weapons, but many are building barricades in their neighborhoods.
- There is currently no specific persecution against Christians.
- Local churches have been able to conduct services, offering hope and providing supplies to their communities.
How You Can Pray:
- Please pray for safety and protection for people in Myanmar.
- Pray for safety and protection for our LGG Burmese team.
- Pray citizens would have access to their money so they can afford supplies and food.
- Pray against fear, for mental and emotional stability, and for joy in the midst of suffering.
- Pray for the peace of Christ to rule over neighborhoods and villages seeing much violence.
- Pray local churches would lead well and be able to continue to provide physical resources to their communities.
- Pray God would strengthen the faith of Christians in Myanmar and that He would bring many to Himself through this crisis.
- Pray God would give hope to those who are suffering.
- Pray for believers to find courage to share the gospel with people on the streets and those who have been imprisoned.
- Pray God would provide the supplies, including food and medicine, that people need.
- Pray specifically for our LGG Burmese team, that they would be able to continue their work of translating and creating Bible studies for Burmese speakers, providing them with the hope of the gospel.
We are so thankful for our caring, supportive Love God Greatly community! Thank you for joining us in prayer for Myanmar and for the Love God Greatly Burmese branch! To learn more about LGG Burmese, click here!
If you would like to make a donation to help our Burmese team, please visit our donation page here!